Applying for funding

Individual needs

If you are a parent or child who would like to receive funding from Help a Maidstone Child, the first step is to contact a professional body.  Examples of these are your school teacher, health visitor, social worker, police officer, probation officer, nurse or doctor.  


If you are a qualified professional eg Doctor/Social Worker/Teacher you can also apply on behalf of a child, providing you have parental agreement.


The child in question must live within the borough of Maidstone and be under 19 years of age. 


As these are for individual children, we aim to accept or reject applications quickly so we call them Rapid Response Grants, and they are determined by a panel of three members. Funds are only distributed to the professional sponsor and we will never give cash.


There is no time limit for making Rapid Response applications, merely the size of our pot of donations, and we work on a first come, first served basis. Applications for 2020-21 are now open. The online application form can be found by following this link.





Groups that work to help disadvantaged children 

If you are a voluntary organisation working with children and / or young people, you can apply for one of our Maintenance Grants.  This is a modest amount of one-off funding which must be used to improve the lives of local children/young people in need.  It can be used to cover core/running costs.  Organisations can nominate themselves. The children being helped must live within the borough of Maidstone. These grants are distributed once a year, usually in the spring.

Applications for maintenance grants are currently closed. Please watch this space for applications reopening. 

Please also follow us on Twitter for updates. 


All funding applications are decided upon by a panel and all applicants are advised about the results.


To find out more about receiving funding please contact Jacqueline Bobb, Chair, HaMC Panel, on 07791 090958 or email